Technical Account Manager, China
Drive customer acquisition, retention and expansion by helping TestPlant’s customers to get maximum value from TestPlant’s products.
TestPlant delivers the eggPlant range of tools for testing a wide variety of software systems from mobile devices, to desktops, to servers, to missile control systems, and in-car infotainment systems. eggPlant tools cover functional test automation, performance testing, load testing, test management, and test management.
The eggPlant range is relied on by more than 500 organizations across mobile, finance, defense, media and gaming, e-commerce and enterprise; and is fully integrated with other leading tools from Jenkins to HP.
TestPlant is expanding rapidly and is looking for a new Technical Account Manager to join our team. Technical Account Managers work in collaboration with sales and development to drive customer acquisition and retention by helping TestPlant’s customers to get maximum value from our solutions.
This role is focused on:
• Engaging with customers via on-site visits and calls to ensure they are getting the maximum value from the eggplant range. This includes helping them understand how best to use eggPlant tools to achieve their goals, resolve technical issues, customer training, and integrate eggPlant tools into their environment.
• Supporting the sales team during the pre-sales cycle. This includes providing product demonstrations, technical presentations, identifying how eggPlant tools can solve the prospect’s challenges, and resolving technical issues.
• Providing general technical support to customers.
Experience and Competencies
Candidates should have a broad professional skill-set; the essential skills and experience are:
• Technical. Solid technical skills. Automated testing experience preferred with an emphasis on performance/load testing. Development skills and methodology and networking knowledge a plus. You must be able to participate confidently in technical discussions and easily understand technical issues quickly. Must be able to rapidly pick up new skills as new technology and products are introduced.
• Solution Creation. Demonstrable experience of using technology to create solutions that address customer needs that are targeted and creative using innovative ideas and considering solution duplication across sectors where possible.
• Communication. Ability to convey a deliberate message clearly, verbally and in writing; to listen, to ask questions, to understand, and to generate enthusiasm. High level of curiosity and understanding of customer dynamics and how that might be accelerating or, more importantly, hindering their path to success. Comfortable working with users as well as management to convey status information, make suggestions and applaud success.
• Customer Oriented. Gain personal satisfaction from helping others and see customer satisfaction and value as the only measures of success.
Candidates will need to exhibit the following behaviours to be successful in the role:
• Strong leadership and personal accountability
• High standards and a passion for excellence
• Able to collaboratively work towards common goals
• Attention to detail, analytical, and committed to follow through
• Completely and relentlessly customer delivery focused
• Offers innovative ideas to contribute to the improvement and success of TestPlant
• Flexible and Positive
• Travel Requirement: 50%
Language Ability: English, Mandarin professional fluency, Japanese a plus
Qualifications: BS/MS in Computer Science or other technical field
Preferred Skills: Software Testing / Quality Assurance background. Familiarity with SalesForce.
Location: Shanghai office
Email your CV and cover letter explaining your reason for applying to: email@example.com